Our Forever Family

Our Forever Family

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

So much has changed

Dear Daddy,
     Can't believe you have been gone a month now.  There have been some really difficult times this last month and some times when the kids and I were able to laugh and enjoy ourselves.  We have learned so much about how important a father is in the house.   That is a job and responsibility that nobody can replace.  We miss you for so many reasons.  We miss you each and every minute.  I even miss you in my sleep.  When I wake up in the middle of the night I think of you and nothing else.  I think about the day we get to be together again.  There is a hole in our hearts and in our home and we are trying to cope with that as much as possible.  I feel guilty if I am enjoying myself and having fun with the kids, I feel like I should be mourning our loss.  I know you would want me to put on a happy face for your sweeties and that I am trying to do each and every day.  Sounds strange I know but it feels good to laugh and it feels good to cry.  I haven't made it a day yet without tears, not sure I will for some time.  You were my world and now I am trying my best to find my way on my own.  There isn't a minute I don't think of you and long for your touch and to hear your voice.  I feel like I have done a good job this month, trying to be strong for our sweet children.  They miss you too.

Love ya sweetie,
Love Steph

1 comment:

  1. John and I thought about you and the kids all day yesterday. For the record, you are doing a great job holding it together for the kids. Scotty would want for you to go on and enjoy life as best possible. I will pray for the feeling of guilt to go away. I am so proud of you that you have been able to laugh AND cry. Crying is important and it is ok if you fall apart in front of the kids. You are only human. We miss Scotty. I haven't taken the funeral program out of my car. I like to see his smiling face! Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete